There are many good reasons to go to the Velvet Lounge tonight. Here's five:
1. Look at the fucking poster! I love it. That kangaroo isn't taking any shit. Try and take his picture and you're getting popped in the throat.
2. Imperial China. My favorite DC band. I wish they'd come to Austin. Maybe for SXSW?
3. If I'm not mistaken, the Velvet Lounge serves inexpensive Pabst cans. Sure it'll give you gas and the runs the next day but it tastes good going down. Okay, maybe not.
4. Girl Loves Distortion. I'm listening to their latest album, Earth Beings On Exhibit, and it's pretty good. How have I not heard of this DC band before?
5. Report Suspicious Activity. It's a "post-punk supergroup". By law, you're obligated to check out all supergroups. Sorry, I don't make the rules.